Turkey Veggie Saute Salad
A saute salad is a great way to bring some life to your salads. The warm saute enhances the flavors and your seasonings can be customized in endless ways. This saute is made simpler by using already cooked deli turkey and quick-cooking veggies. Packed with protein and flavor, this saute salad is filling and satisfying.
Interested in more salad recipes? Check out this Avocado Summer Salad recipe!
- 1 tsp avocado oil
- 1/2 red sweet bell pepper, chopped
- 4oz No Added Salt, thick-cut deli turkey, diced
- 2 cups raw baby spinach
- 1 cup mixed cruciferous salad greens mix (a mix of Brussels sprouts, kale and cabbage) or another cup of spinach
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp red chili pepper flakes
- 1 tsp low sodium Tamari or low sodium soy sauce (optional)
- 5 raw walnuts, halved
- 1/4 tsp black sesame seeds, garnish, optional
- In a pan over medium-high heat, add oil and bell peppers and saute 2-3 minutes.
- Add in diced turkey and 1 cup of greens and continue to saute 1 minute
- Add cumin, garlic powder, red chili pepper flakes, tamari and walnuts and stir to combine about another 1 minute.
- Add 1 cup of spinach and allow to wilt slightly.
- Plate 1 cup raw spinach and top with saute mixture. Garnish with sesame seeds and enjoy!
- calories: 316
- carbohydrates: 13g
- fat: 15g
- fiber: 4.8g
- potassium: 880mg
- protein: 36g
- saturated fat: 1.0g
- sodium: 348mg
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Do you practice self-care?