This broccoli salad is perfect to add to your favorite main dish.
Have frozen broccoli sitting in the freezer and need ideas for what to do with it? Check out this article!
Makes 1 serving
Ingredients for broccoli salad
- 1/3 cup red onion, chopped
- 2 cups broccoli
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 pieces bacon
Directions for broccoli salad
- On a cutting board, chop red onion, then chop broccoli into smaller florets.
- In a frying pan, fry onion and broccoli.
- In another frying pan, fry bacon then chop into bite sized pieces.
- Once the broccoli and onion are browned, add in bacon and parmesan cheese.
- Once the cheese is melted, remove from heat and serve.
- calories: 268
- carbohydrate: 21g
- cholesterol: 37mg
- fat: 15g
- fiber: 6g
- potassium: 778mg
- protein: 18g
- saturated fat: 6g
- sodium: 833mg
- sugar: 6g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Do you live with any sleep disorders (eg. insomnia, sleep apnea, RLS) in addition to your diabetes?