Potassium and High Blood Pressure in Type 2 Diabetes – All You Need To Know
This article represents the opinions, thoughts, and experiences of the author; none of this content has been paid for by any advertiser. The Type2Diabetes.com team does not recommend or endorse any products or treatments discussed herein. Learn more about how we maintain editorial integrity here.
- American Heart Association. “How Potassium Can Help Control High Blood Pressure.” (Oct. 2016), http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/Conditions/HighBloodPressure/MakeChangesThatMatter/How-Potassium-Can-Help-Control-High-Blood-Pressure_UCM_303243_Article.jsp#.WjlG0lSpnOR
- American Heart Association News. “Americans Need to Up Potassium, Cut Sodium in their Diet.” (15 Nov. 2016), https://news.heart.org/americans-need-to-up-potassium-cut-sodium-in-their-diet/
- NIH: U.S. National Library of Medicine, Medline Plus. “Potassium in Diet.” (24 April 2016). https://medlineplus.gov/ency/article/002413.htm
- Rolfes SR, Pinna K, Whitney E. Potassium. In: Understanding normal and clinical nutrition. 9th ed. Belmont, CA: Wadsworth, Cengage Learning; 2012:398-400.
- Lennon SL, DellaValle DM, Rodder SG, Prest M, Sinley RC, Hoy MK,. 2015 evidence analysis library evidence-based nutrition practice guideline for the management of hypertension in adults. J Acad Nutr Diet. 2017;117:1445-1458.
- US department of agriculture, agricultural research service, nutrient data laboratory. USDA branded food products database. version current: September 2016. internet: Http://ndb.nal.usda.gov. https://ndb.nal.usda.gov/ndb/nutrients/report?nutrient1=291&nutrient2=&nutrient3=&fg=3&max=25&subset=0&offset=50&sort=f&totCount=339&measureby=m. Updated 2016. Accessed 11 December, 2016.