Sugar-Free Pumpkin Spice Syrup
Last updated: October 2023
It's the season for all things pumpkin spice! Sadly, many pumpkin spice flavored foods and products don't actually contain real pumpkin. In addition, foods or beverages flavored with pumpkin spice are high in sugar. Luckily, this recipe for pumpkin spice syrup is sugar-free and uses real pumpkin puree and pumpkin spices. This syrup can be added to coffee or tea, drizzled on oatmeal or yogurt, and baked in bread or muffins. The possibilities are nearly endless with this sugar-free pumpkin spice syrup!
Makes ~10 servings
Serving Size: 2 tablespoons
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Ingredients for sugar-free pumpkin spice syrup
- ½ cup pure pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup coconut cream
- ¾ cup water
- ~12 drops monk fruit sweetener
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions for sugar-free pumpkin spice syrup
- Add all ingredients into a saucepan.
- Heat mixture on stove on medium-high heat. Use a whisk or hand blender to mix ingredients well.
- Bring to a boil for about 3 minutes.
- Turn heat down to a simmer. Simmer for about 5 additional minutes.
- Remove the pot from heat and pour syrup into an clean empty bottle or glass jar.
- Wait for the bottle to cool before placing the lid on top and storing it in the refrigerator.
- Use 2 tablespoons of the pumpkin spice syrup for your desired application! The syrup can be stored in the refrigerator for about 2 weeks.
Scroll down to see the nutrition facts for this recipe!
- calories: 16
- carbohydrate: 1g
- cholesterol: 0mg
- fat: 2g
- fiber: .3g
- potassium: 16mg
- protein: 0g
- sodium: 1mg
- sugar: .5g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
How often do you find yourself craving sweet snacks?