Dark Chocolate Pumpkin Muffins
If you are a pumpkin lover, this recipe is a must-try! These muffins are great to enjoy for breakfast following a morning workout. For a more complete breakfast meal, add a hard-boiled egg and some fresh berries.
Makes 12 servings
Serving size: 1 muffin
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 to 18 minutes
Ingredients for dark chocolate pumpkin muffins
- 1 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup Truvia Cane Sugar Blend
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
Directions for dark chocolate pumpkin muffins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat muffin tin with nonstick spray.
- Combine dry ingredients (whole wheat flour, rolled oats, salt, baking powder, pumpkin spice, cinnamon, and Truvia Baking Blend) in a medium-size bowl.
- Combine wet ingredients (milk, pumpkin puree, vegetable oil, and egg) in a separate bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients into the bowl of wet ingredients.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Use cookie soup to portion batter evenly into each muffin well.
- Bake muffins at 350 degrees for 15 to 18 minutes.
- calories: 145
- carbohydrate: 24g
- fat: 7g
- fiber: 3g
- potassium: 7mg
- protein: 3g
- sodium: 169mg
- sugar: 7g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Will you help others by taking our Type 2 Diabetes In America survey?