Sweet Peanut Butter Treat
Last updated: February 2021
With just 8 grams of carbs per serving, this recipe makes a great dessert. Peanut butter is the featured ingredient that can easily be swapped out for other kinds of nut-butters to meet your individual preferences!
Looking for other diabetes-friendly dessert ideas?
Makes 3 servings
Serving size: 1 peanut butter ball
Prep time: 10 minutes
Chill time: 60 minutes
Ingredients for sweet peanut butter treat
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter, melted
- 1 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp Truvia Baking Blend
- 1 tbsp graham cracker crumbs (optional: ¼ tsp graham cracker crumbs for a garnish)
- 1 tsp butter, melted
Directions for sweet peanut butter treat
- In a medium-size bowl, mix together melted peanut butter, unsweetened cocoa powder, and Truvia Baking Blending.
- In a separate bowl, mix together graham cracker crumbs and melted butter.
- Add graham cracker mixture to the peanut butter mixture. Mix together until all ingredients are well combined.
- Put mixture into the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Remove mixture from freezer and use a small cookie scoop to scoop out 3 even peanut butter balls.
- Put peanut butter balls back in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- calories: 140
- carbohydrate: 8g
- fat: 11g
- fiber: 2g
- potassium: 137mg
- protein: 5g
- sodium: 109mg
- sugar: 3g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Have you tried to decrease the amount of bread you eat since being diagnosed with diabetes?
Join the conversation