Cherry Lime Granita
A granita is an Italian iced dessert, similar to a sorbet or Italian ice. Normally a granita contains sugar, but I instead replaced it with monk fruit sweetener. I personally think this recipe tastes like a slurpee!
Check out other diabetes-friendly desserts here!
Makes 2 servings
Prep time: 5 minutes
Wait time: about 2-4 hours
Ingredients for cherry lime granita
- 2 cups of water
- Juice of 1 lime, or 2 tablespoons of juice
- 6 drops liquid stevia or liquid monk fruit extract
- 1 cup of frozen cherries
- Blender or food processor
- A long shallow glass tupperware or shallow cake pan
Directions for cherry lime granita
- Blend all ingredients together in a blender or food processor until the mixture is liquid.
- Pour liquid mixture into glass tupperware or cake pan.
- After 45 minutes, take out, and scrape and mix the icy mixture with a fork.
- Place back in the freezer for 45 minutes. Take out, and do the same thing.
- Place back in the freezer until the mixture is completely frozen.
- Pull out, and then scrape with a fork to break up the ice. Scoop into serving bowls or glasses. Serve on its own for a refreshing treat. You can also top with coconut whipped cream, or try adding a large scoop of it to iced tea.
- calories: 41
- carbohydrate: 10.4g
- cholesterol: 0mg
- fat: 0.4g
- fiber: 1.3g
- protein: 0.8g
- saturated fat: 0.1g
- sodium: 1mg
- sugar: 7.4g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Have you experienced any complications associated with your diabetes?