Coconut Whipped Cream
This whipped cream tastes decadent, but at the same time provides a source of healthy fat. The best part is that this recipe is SO quick and easy to make. For this recipe, it is important to use canned coconut cream, not canned or boxed coconut milk. Coconut cream is much thicker and better suited for this recipe. Typically, you can find coconut cream either in the baking aisle or Asian cuisine section of your grocery store. Try this coconut whipped cream with berries, in crepes, on top of coffee, hot chocolate, waffles, or any dessert!
Makes 13 servings
Serving size: 2 tablespoons
Prep time: 5 minutes
Fridge time (optional): 1 hour
Ingredients for coconut whipped cream
- 1 can of coconut cream*
- 8 drops of Stevia
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Optional: 1 tsp lemon juice (The lemon juice adds a bit of tartness!)
Directions for coconut whipped cream
- Pour the can of coconut cream into a medium-sized bowl. Add stevia, vanilla, and lemon juice (if using).
- Use a whisk to mix the ingredients together. If the small chunks of coconut cream are difficult to break up, use the whisk to beat the clumps. If you have an egg beater, you can use this instead of a whisk.
- You can use it right away, or you can place it in the fridge for 1 hour to solidify.
- Pour the can of coconut cream into the blender. Add stevia, vanilla, and lemon juice (if using).
- Blend on medium for 15-30 seconds.
- You can use it right away, or place it in the fridge for 1 hour to solidify.
- calories: 90
- carbohydrate: 1g
- cholesterol: 0mg
- fat: 9g
- protein: 1g
- saturated fat: 8g
- sodium: 5mg
- sugar: <1g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
How long have you been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes?