Sweet Potato with Almond Butter
While it may seem like an odd pairing, the ingredients in this recipe are truly a match. This savory sweet potato recipe provides wholesome nutrition in every bite.
Help improve your type 2 diabetes management by pairing carbohydrates with healthy fats and proteins to stabilize blood sugar. This recipe is also abundant in potassium. Potassium can help lower blood pressure and metabolize carbohydrates.
Makes 1 serving
Serving Size: 1 sweet potato
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Ingredients for sweet potato with almond butter
- 1 small sweet potato
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tbsp unsalted dried sunflower seeds
- 1 pinch of Stevia
- Dash of ground cinnamon
Directions for sweet potato with almond butter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Poke sweet potato multiple times with a fork. Place in oven on a baking sheet and bake until slightly soft to the touch or to desired consistency, approximately 20 to 30 minutes.
- Slice sweet potato in half, length-wise. With a fork, loosen the flesh in the center.
- In a small bowl, combine almond butter and Stevia. Spoon mixture into sweet potato halves. Sprinkle with cinnamon and sunflower seeds.
- Serve and enjoy!
Scroll down to see the nutrition facts for this recipe!
- calories: 208
- carbohydrate: 20g
- fat: 13.5g
- fiber: 6g
- potassium: 716mg
- protein: 6g
- saturated fat: 1.5g
- sodium: 42mg
- sugar: 9.5g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Will you help others by taking our Type 2 Diabetes In America survey?