Spiced Sweet Potato Muffins
It’s breakfast time! These delicious muffins feature sweet potatoes and have a spicy kick. Make this meal complete by serving muffins with scrambled eggs or turkey sausage.
Interested in more delicious lower-carb muffin recipes? Check out this Whole-Wheat Banana Muffins recipe!
Servings: 12 muffins
Serving size: 1 muffin
- 1 c. whole wheat flour
- 1 c. rolled oats
- 2 tbsp. flaxseed meal
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ c. Truvia baking blend
- ¼ c. sweet potato baby food puree
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 c. almond, unsweetened vanilla milk
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine dry ingredients in a medium mixing bowl
- Combine wet ingredients in a separate medium mixing bowl
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients
- Using a fork (or electric mixer), stir all ingredients together until well combined
- Spray muffin tin with baking spray or use muffin wrappers
- Use a medium size muffin scoop to fill each muffin cup so that cups are each about two-thirds full.
- Bake muffins at 350 degrees for 20 minutes
- calories: 134
- carbohydrates: 18g
- fat: 7g
- fiber: 3g
- protein: 4g
- sugars: 0g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Have you experienced any foot complications from diabetes?