Scrambled Eggs and Veg
My go-to favorite breakfast as it’s quick and easy and you can also make it the night before and just heat it up in the morning if you’re in a rush! Feel free to add extra green veggies if you like, or toss the scrambled eggs with some extra spinach or lettuce and make it a breakfast salad.
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin/squash
- 1 cup green veggies (spinach, broccoli, bok choy, kale etc.)
- 1 tbs olive oil
- Finely dice the sweet potato/pumpkin and green veggies
- In a bowl whisk 2 eggs and 1 tbs water
- In a skillet/frypan, heat the olive oil and the sweet potato/pumpkin until crispy - about 5 mins
- Then add the green veggies and cook for 2 mins, and then the eggs and stir until cooked
- Serve and enjoy!
- calories: 328
- carbohydrates: 8.4g
- cholesterol: 429.4mg
- fat: 26.2g
- fiber: 4.1g
- potassium: 636.7mg
- protein: 13.8g
- saturated fat: 4.8g
- sodium: 162.9mg
- sugars: 6.3g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Did you know that diabetes is a risk factor for developing chronic kidney disease?