Roasted Fajita Vegetables
Mexican flavors are a favorite at our house. These roasted vegetables are a great side for tacos, fajitas, over salad, or even on their own. Roasting the vegetables gives a great texture and allows the flavors to really come through.
Here are other ideas for healthy cooking techniques!
Makes ~4 servings
Serving size: 1 cup
Prep time: 7 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Ingredients for roasted fajita vegetables
- 2 bell peppers, cut into strips
- ½ white onion, cut into strips
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp olive oil
Directions for roasted fajita vegetables
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Spread vegetables on baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with spices.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until vegetables reach desired texture. I recommend letting onions and peppers brown a bit.
- Serve warm and refrigerate any leftovers.
- calories: 64
- carbohydrate: 7g
- fat: 3.9g
- fiber: 1.9g
- potassium: 260mg
- protein: 1.5g
- sodium: 43mg
- sugar: 1.6g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Do you have a family history of diabetes?