Last updated: April 2023
Looking for a new way to prepare eggs? These poached eggs can be a fancy breakfast or appetizer, made in no time!
Check out these low-carb breakfast recipes for more breakfast ideas.
Makes 2 servings
Serving size: 1 egg
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 3 minutes
Ingredients for poached eggs
- 2 multigrain corn thins
- ¼ avocado, sliced thinly
- 2 eggs, poached
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 1 slice smoked salmon
- On a cutting board, cut the avocado into thin slices.
- Cut the smoked salmon piece in half, and add half a slice onto each corn thin.
- Next, add the avocado slices to the smoked salmon pieces.
- Boil water in a medium-sized pot, then add the vinegar.
- Using a whisk, whisk water in a circular motion.
- Crack one egg, then drop it into the water while it is still swirling around.
- Cook the egg for 2-3 minutes so the inside is still runny.
- Take the cooked egg out with a slotted spoon and place it on top of the avocado, and serve.
- Cook the second egg like the first and place it on the second corn thin.
Scroll down to see the nutrition facts for this recipe!
- calories: 201
- carbohydrates: 11g
- cholesterol: 199mg
- dietary fiber: 2g
- fat: 11g
- monounsaturated fat: 4g
- potassium: 168mg
- protein: 13g
- saturated fat: 3g
- sodium: 399mg
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Do you find it difficult to "eat right" and stick to a nutrition plan?