Overnight Vanilla Chia Pudding
Loaded with fiber, protein and Omega-3 fatty acids, chia seeds are tiny but mighty. They take on the most deliciously creamy texture in this pudding. Reminiscent of rice pudding but without all the carbs.
Ingredients for overnight vanilla chia pudding
- 2.5 Tablespoons Whole Chia seeds
- 1 cup Unsweetened Plain Almond Milk
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
Directions for overnight vanilla chia pudding
- Add ingredients to a 1 cup volume Mason jar or other airtight container.
- Put lid on and shake well to combine, making sure there are no clumps.
- Wait 4-5 minutes to allow chia seeds to gel up slightly.
- Shake again, very well, for at least 10 seconds, breaking up any clumps that may have formed. The delayed second shake ensures that the chia seeds are evenly distributed throughout rather than all at the bottom of the cup.
- Refrigerate overnight or at least 3 hours.
- Serve chilled with fresh berries.
- Topping Ideas and Carbohydrate Count:
- 2 large strawberries, thinly sliced ~2-3 grams of carbohydrate
- 1/4 cup fresh blackberries ~3-4 grams of carbohydrate
- 2 tablespoons fresh blueberries ~ 2-3 grams carbohydrate
- calories: 129
- calories from fat: 32
- cholesterol: 3.75mg
- dietary fiber: 6.0g
- potassium: 192mg
- protein: 4.9g
- saturated fat: 0.625g
- sodium: 180mg
- total carbohydrates: 5.85g
- total fat: 8.75g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.net cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
How stressed out do you feel today?