Open Face Loaded Toast
Ingredients for open face loaded toast
- 1 piece of bread, toasted (Dave’s Killer Bread® was used in this recipe)
- 1 hardboiled egg, peeled and sliced
- ¼ avocado
- ¼ cup baby spinach
- 3 cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp capers
- ¼ cucumber, sliced
- dash of salt
- dash of pepper
Directions for open face loaded toast
- Bring water in a small pot to boil.
- Place on egg in and cook for 12 minutes.
- Transfer to an ice bath.
- Meanwhile, toast bread.
- Mash avocado on top. Add vegetables and capers. Place sliced egg on top. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately.
*If you use a lower carbohydrate bread option it will lower the carbohydrate content for this recipe.
- calories: 369
- carbohydrate: 30.5g
- fat: 27.2g
- fiber: 15g
- protein: 13g
- sodium: 1038mg
- sugar: 7.5g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Have you experienced any foot complications from diabetes?