Guilt Free BLT
Are you looking for a way to enjoy a BLT sandwich without all the guilt?
This recipe is a simplified version of the classic BLT sandwich. It features turkey bacon and olive oil mayonnaise, both of which help improve the fat composition. Try serving this dish on top of lettuce for a light lunch or serve it with scrambled eggs for a more complete meal.
- 2 slices tomato
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 slices turkey bacon
- 2 tsp. olive oil mayonnaise
- Brush top and bottom of tomato slices with olive oil
- Season tomato slices with salt and pepper
- In a small skillet, grill tomato slices on the stove top over medium heat (approximately 2 minutes on each side)
- Cut turkey bacon slices in half
- In another small skillet, grill turkey bacon on the stove top over medium heat (approximately 4-7 minutes)
- Remove tomatoes and turkey bacon from stove top
- Lightly brush top of each tomato slice with mayonnaise
- Top with turkey bacon
- calories: 178
- carbohydrates: 2g
- fat: 17g
- fiber: 0g
- protein: 4g
- sugars: 0g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Have you experienced any foot complications from diabetes?