Grilled to Perfection Pineapple
Calling all barbecue fanatics! Like an island paradise, this tropical dessert is utter perfection. Its unique combination of smoky, sweet, and savory flavors is too delicious to resist. This dessert is packed with bromelain—a natural anti-inflammatory and digestive aid. This nutrient has also shown to improve cardiovascular health, which is a risk factor associated with diabetes.1 Pair this higher glycemic fruit with a protein-packed yogurt to balance out the carbs. What are you waiting for? It’s time to get grilling!
Makes 3 servings
Serving Size: 2 pineapple slices + 1/3 sauce
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Ingredients for grilled pineapple
- 1 medium pineapple
Coconut Matcha Milk:
- 1 ½ cup whipped coconut milk
- 1 ½ tsp matcha powder
Goji Power Yogurt:
- ¾ cup plain low-fat Greek yogurt
- 3 tsp goji powder
Directions for grilled pineapple
- Slice pineapple into 3/4” thick slices. Do not remove core.
- Whip either the coconut milk/matcha powder or yogurt/goji powder until ingredients are fully incorporated.
- On the barbecue or grill pan, grill pineapple for approximately 3 minutes on each side.
- Serve with sauce topping of choice.
*Nutrition facts are based on 2 slices of pineapple with coconut sauce. Calories, carbohydrate, fat amounts are slightly less when served with the yogurt sauce.
- calories: 182
- carbohydrate: 29g
- fat: 7g
- fiber: 3g
- potassium: 210mg
- protein: 2g
- saturated fat: 5g
- sodium: 44mg
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Has diabetes changed your exercise routine?