The cherry tomatoes growing in my garden inspired me to create this recipe. This dish makes a great side that can easily be served with your favorite chicken or fish entree.
Looking for ways to add more vegetables to your diet? Check out these 15 clever ways to eat more vegetables
Serving size: ~¾ cup
Ingredients for garden salad:
- 1 cup cucumbers, diced
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 2 tsp tahini sauce (made from crushed sesame seeds)
- 2 tsp balsamic dressing
- Pinch of salt
Directions for garden salad:
- Combine cucumber, tomatoes, and feta cheese in a small bowl
- In a separate bowl, prepare dressing: whisk together olive oil, lime juice, and tahini sauce until well combined
- Top garden salad with a drizzle of balsamic dressing and a pinch of salt
- calories: 100
- carbohydrates: 5g
- fat: 8g
- fiber: 1g
- protein: 4g
- sugar: 3g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Do you like to eat grilled cheese sandwiches?