Fresh and Flavorful Tzatziki Dip
Last updated: January 2023
Many sauces and dips contain large amounts of sugar or salt, so it can be difficult to find a diabetes-friendly recipe for dip. This fresh and flavor tzatziki dip is an option where you don't have to trade your diabetes management plan for taste! Tzatziki dip is made with Greek yogurt and refreshing cucumbers. Enjoy this versatile tzatziki with the family-size gyro salad recipe or with raw veggies.
Makes ~8 servings
Serving Size: 2 tablespoons
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Ingredients for fresh and flavorful tzatziki dip
- 1 large cucumber, grated
- 1 large lemon, halved and juiced
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 cup low-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
Directions for fresh and flavorful tzatziki dip
- Wash and finely grate the cucumber into a large bowl. Press with paper towels 2-3 times to remove extra water.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Store covered in the refrigerator until ready to eat.
Scroll down to see the nutrition facts for this recipe!
- calories: 116
- carbohydrate: 9g
- cholesterol: 0mg
- fat: 1g
- fiber: 0.2g
- potassium: 306mg
- protein: 18g
- sodium: 66mg
- sugar: 8g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Do you chew your food slowly or quickly?
Join the conversation