Family-Size Gyro Salad
Last updated: February 2022
Here's a twist on the traditional gyro. This recipe takes meat and veggies typically wrapped in pita bread and turns it into a delicious salad with all the tasty ingredients.
Gyros are a great way to get a variety of colorful veggies in one meal. Also, it's easy to make this recipe in larger portions for guests!
Makes 10 servings
Serving Size: 2 cups
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Ingredients for family-size gyro salad
- 12 oz package frozen gyro meat slices
- 5 oz container feta cheese crumbles
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella cheese balls
- 7.5 oz bag pita chips
- 3 heads of romaine lettuce, cleaned and chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup chopped red onions
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup tzatziki sauce plus 4 tsp of milk mixed into thin sauce
Directions for family-size gyro salad
- Cook gyro meat according to package instructions. Set aside.
- Toss together lettuce, tomatoes, onions, and cucumber.
- Add tzatziki sauce to salad and toss to coat.
- Tear or chop gyro meat slices and sprinkle on top of salad along with both types of cheese.
- Garnish salad with crushed pita chips or layer salad over top of pita chips.
Scroll down to see the nutrition facts for this recipe!
- calories: 400
- carbohydrate: 30g
- cholesterol: 55mg
- fat: 22g
- fiber: 1g
- protein: 16g
- sodium: 840mg
- sugar: 2g
Photograph by Megan Munoz. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Do you chew your food slowly or quickly?
Join the conversation