Flourless Chocolate Cake
This chocolate cake tastes so good, you’ll never guess that the secret ingredient is garbanzo beans!
Interested in more diabetes-friendly dessert ideas? Check out these 8 Diabetes-Friendly Desserts!
- Garbanzo beans (1 can)
- Extra Dark Chocolate Chips (1.5 cup)
- Egg (3 large)
- Erythritol Sweetener-- Swerve (3/4 cup)
Makes 16 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Rinse and drain 1 can garbanzo beans. Pat dry
- Separate 3 eggs and keep both yolks and egg whites
- Place 1 can garbanzo beans, and chocolate chips into a food processor (Ninja, Vitamix or blenders all work well)
- Pulse ingredients until fully incorporated—there should still be very small chunks of chocolate that will melt in the cake
- Add egg yolk to the chocolate flour mix and pulse—the mixture should be slightly moist by now
- In separate bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff. Add sugar slowly until stiff peaks are glossy
- Place the garbanzo bean chocolate mix into a large bowl and slowly fold egg whites and sugar mixture together until completely mixed
- Grease a 8x8 baking pan prior to adding cake batter
- Bake for 30-35min at 350F or until the center of the cake is firm and spongy
- Let cake cool for at least 5-10 min. before cutting
- Enjoy! Try adding fresh strawberries on top for some extra added flavor.
- calories: 115
- carbohydrates: 13g
- fat: 7g
- fiber: 3g
- protein: 4g
- saturated fat: 4g
- sodium: 55mg
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
How stressed out do you feel today?