Craving a cookie? This recipe combines a few fiber-filled ingredients to lessen any guilt you may have about fulfilling a cookie craving. Cookies also make a great treat for parties and are a nice snack to share with fellow coworkers.
Why is fiber important for diabetes management? Check out this article to learn more!
Makes 18 servings
Serving size: 1 cookie
Ingredients for fiber-full cookies
- ½ cup bran flakes cereal, crushed
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tbsp ground flax seed
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ cup Truvia Baking blend
- ½ cup carob chips
Directions for fiber-full cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a medium-size bowl, cream together peanut butter and Truvia baking blend.
- Mix in eggs.
- Add in dry ingredients: bran flakes, whole wheat flour, ground flaxseed, salt, baking soda.
- Gently stir mix in carbo chips.
- Use a small cookie scoop to portion 18 evenly sized cookies onto a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes.
- calories: 94
- carbohydrates: 11g
- fat: 5g
- fiber: 2g
- protein: 3g
- sugars: 2g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Will you help others by taking our Type 2 Diabetes In America survey?