Easy Trail Mix
With 5 hungry children at home, I am always looking for easy snacks that we can agree on. With healthy fats, lots of protein, and a hint of chocolate, this trail mix snack keeps everyone happy.
It's a great option when you are living with diabetes as it is also a lower carbohydrate snack option. Mix up a batch and pre-package this trail mix for an easy snack throughout the week!
Makes 4 servings
Serving Size: ¼ cup
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Ingredients for easy trail mix
- ¼ cup lightly salted almonds
- ¼ cup lightly salted pecans
- ½ cup unsalted pistachios, in shell, roasted
- 1 tbsp mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions for easy trail mix
- Place all ingredients into a bowl and mix well.
- Portion into ¼ cup servings if desired.
- Store in a cool dry place.
Scroll down to see the nutrition facts for this recipe!
- calories: 153
- carbohydrates: 7g
- fat: 13.5g
- fiber: 2.3g
- potassium: 168mg
- protein: 15g
- sodium: 20mg
- sugar: 3g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Did you know that diabetes is a risk factor for developing chronic kidney disease?