Easy Roasted Delicata Squash Recipe
Last updated: June 2023
This roasted squash recipe is an easy addition to any dinner as a side dish or a topping to salad!
Makes 2 servings
Serving Size: 1 cup
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Ingredients for easy roasted delicata squash
- 1 delicata squash, scrubbed well
- 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 generous tsp of your favorite spice blend
- Cracked sea salt (to taste)
Directions for easy roasted delicata squash
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove the ends off of the squash and cut the squash in half lengthwise.
- Scoop out seeds.
- Cut squash into ½ "half-moons."
- Put the sliced squash in a Tupperware container (one with a lid) and oil and your favorite spice blend.
- Put the top on the container tightly and shake a few times.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and gently place the squash flat on the sheet and lightly sprinkle with sea salt.
- Roast until golden, roughly 20 minutes (flipping at the 10-minute mark).
Scroll down to see the nutrition facts for this recipe!
- calories: 177
- carbohydrate: 14.9g
- cholesterol: 0mg
- fat: 14.1g
- fiber: 4.5g
- potassium: 448mg
- protein: 1.2g
- saturated fat: 2g
- sodium: 940mg
- sugar: 0g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Do you chew your food slowly or quickly?
Join the conversation