Loco Coco Fiber Treats
A snack so nutritious and tasty, it’s loco! When you need full-on energy but want a sweet treat too, this recipe is here to help. Its high-fiber ingredients keep you satisfied between meals. These filling bites are also rich in plant-based omega-3s for a heart-healthy boost that may help decrease the risk of cardiovascular disease. Not to mention, each contains healthy fats and protein to help keep blood sugars steady for optimal diabetes management.
Make a large batch to provide feel-good nutrition all week long. Store them in the freezer to avoid the temptation of overeating. Your tastebuds will go coco-nuts for these treats!
Serving size: 1 treat
Makes 15 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 0 minutes
Ingredients for loco coco fiber treats
- ⅔ cup flax meal
- ⅓ cup chia seeds
- ⅔ cup almond nut butter
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup shredded unsweetened coconut
Directions for loco coco fiber treats
- In a large bowl, combine flax meal and chia seeds. Mix until fully incorporated.
- Add almond butter, maple syrup, and vanilla extract into the mixture. Mix until fully combined.
- On a medium plate, add shredded coconut. Mix until incorporated.
- Spray hands with non-stick spray. Roll mixture into 1.5 to 2-inch pieces.
- Lightly roll the pieces into the coconut. Place in a storage bowl.
- Repeat for the remainder of the ingredients.
- Enjoy! Store in fridge.
- calories: 181
- carbohydrate: 10.5g
- fat: 13g
- fiber: 6g
- potassium: 139mg
- protein: 5.5g
- saturated fat: 2.5g
- sodium: 2mg
- sugar: 1.5g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Did you know that diabetes is a risk factor for developing chronic kidney disease?