Cocoa Trail Mix
If you manage your diabetes with insulin, you may need a snack after you exercise, to help prevent a low blood sugar, and to help replenish your glycogen stores. This trail mix is a great way to do just that and without the guilt!
Interested in more snack ideas? Check out these healthy on-the-go snacks!
Makes 4 servings
Serving size: ¼ cup
Ingredients for cocoa trail mix recipe
- ¼ cup cashew pieces
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup walnuts pieces
- ¼ cup coconut flakes, unsweetened
- 2 tbsp dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp cocoa powder, unsweetened
Directions for cocoa trail mix recipe.
- Combine all ingredient in a large Ziplock bag.
- Shake ingredients until mixture is well coated with cinnamon and cocoa powder.
- Portion mixture into 4 small snack bags.
- calories: 217
- carbohydrates: 12g
- fat: 19g
- fiber: 3g
- protein: 4g
- sugar: 5g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Did you know that diabetes is a risk factor for developing chronic kidney disease?