Cocoa Carob Chip Muffins
If you have a milk allergy or are lactose intolerant, this muffin recipe is the prefect baked good for you to try! Carob chips and cocoa make this recipe a slightly sweet way to start your day.
Interested in more low carb breakfast ideas? Check out this article!
Servings: 12 muffins
Serving size: 1 muffin
- 1 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1/4 cup cocoa, unsweetened
- 1/4 cup Truvia Baking Blend
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup almond milk, unsweetened vanilla
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup carob chips
- Preheat oven 350 degrees
- Line muffin tin with paper liners
- Using a large bowl, combine dry ingredients whole wheat flour, ground flaxseed, cocoa, Truvia Baking Blend, salt, and baking powder
- Stir in eggs, almond milk and coconut oil until batter is lumpy
- Fold carob chips into batter
- Use a small cookie scoop to fill muffin tin ¾ of the way full
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes at 350 degrees
- calories: 125
- carbohydrates: 16g
- fat: 7g
- fiber: 3g
- protein: 4g
- sugar: 1g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
How stressed out do you feel today?