Cinco De Mayo Inspired Dish
Cinco De Mayo holiday inspired me to create this vegetarian entree. If you have been experiencing trouble with getting fresh food, this a great way to make a balanced meal that includes commonly used frozen and canned food ingredients. Top this dish with shredded cheese and plain Greek yogurt for additional protein.
Makes 3 servings
Serving size: ~1 cup
Prpe time: ~5 minutes
Cook time: ~15 minutes
Ingredients for Cinco De Mayo inspired dish
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 cups riced cauliflower
- 1 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ cup chunky salsa
Directions for Cinco De Mayo inspired dish
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet on medium heat.
- Add in the riced cauliflower and black beans.
- Season riced cauliflower and black beans with ground cumin.
- Cook on medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Stir in salsa and heat ingredients together for another 5 minutes.
- calories: 148
- carbohydrate: 20g
- fat: 5g
- fiber: 6g
- potassium: 216mg
- protein: 6g
- sodium: 707mg
- sugar: 4g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
How long have you been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes?