Cherry Grain Muffins
Muffins make a great breakfast or afternoon snack. For this recipe I used frozen cherries instead of fresh cherries. Frozen cherries, when thawed, are sweeter and juicier than their fresh counterpart.
Interested in more breakfast ideas? Check out this article!
Servings: 10 muffins
Serving size 1 muffin
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- ¼ cup Truvia Baking Blend
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup frozen cherries-thawed
- ¼ cup walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray muffin tin with cooking spray
- In a medium size mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients: whole wheat flour, chia seeds, ground flaxseed, Truvia baking blend, baking powder, and salt
- In a separate bowl, combine wet ingredients: eggs and coconut oil
- Pour dry ingredients into wet ingredients. Use a hand mixer to combine all ingredients until muffin batter is smooth
- Gently stir in cherries and walnuts
- Use cookie scoop to fill each muffin cup approximately 2/3 full
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes
- Allow muffins to cool on cooling rack
- calories: 155
- carbohydrates: 17g
- fat: 10g
- fiber: 3g
- protein: 4g
- sugar: 2g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
How stressed out do you feel today?