Baked Rosemary Artichokes
These artichokes are a perfect appetizer to pop into the oven and increase your veggie intake.
Interested in adding more vegetables in your diet? Check out 15 Clever Ways to Eat More Vegetables
- 2 artichokes
- 4 tbs. olive oil
- 1 tbs. minced garlic
- 1 tbs dried rosemary
Makes 4 servings
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- On a cutting board, cut each artichoke in half.
- In a small frying pan, warm the olive oil on low/ medium heat then add garlic and rosemary and heat for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Spray a 9x9 glass pyrex with olive oil
- Place the artichokes into the pyrex with the cut side facing up.
- Drizzle the flavored olive oil onto each of the artichoke halves.
- Bake artichokes in the oven for 45 minutes, until they are soft.
- calories: 126
- carbohydrates: 1g
- fat: 14g
- potassium: 17mg
- saturated fat: 2g
- sodium: 13mg
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Did you know that diabetes is a risk factor for developing chronic kidney disease?