Avocado and Turkey Toast
- 1/3 avocado, sliced and pit removed
- 2 oz lean turkey deli meat
- 1 piece of whole grain bread, toasted
- Seasoning as desired
- Toast bread to desired texture.
- Place turkey on bread. Top with avocado.
- Add a little pepper, sea salt and coriander if desired!
- For a lower-carb version, try on a sandwich thin or without any bread at all!
Check out this article to learn more about the health benefits of avocado.
- calories: 261
- carbohydrates: 30g
- fat: 11g
- fiber: 8g
- protein: 16g
- sugars: 6g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.net cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Do you live with any sleep disorders (eg. insomnia, sleep apnea, RLS) in addition to your diabetes?