Chop up some veggies and toss with olive oil for this fresh summer salad.
How can you incorporate more veggie sin your diet? Check out this article - 15 Clever Ways to Eat More Vegetables!
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp fresh oregano
- 1/2 tsp sunflower seeds
- 1 bunch asparagus
- salt and pepper to taste
Makes 6 servings
- Prep the veggies by slicing the bell peppers into slivers.
- Next, cut the bottom tips off of the asparagus then cut in half.
- Add water into a large pot, then bring water to a boil in order to blanch the asparagus.
- Add cold water and ice into a bowl next to the boiling water in order to cool off the blanched asparagus.
- Add half of the asparagus into the boiling water and cook until the asparagus starts to get greener, then stop the cooking process by putting it into the cold water. Repeat with the second batch of asparagus.
- Add the oregano, salt, pepper and olive oil to the bell peppers then add asparagus.
- Toss the salad together and top with sunflower seeds.
- Serve chilled.
- calories: 67
- carbohydrates: 5g
- dietary fiber: 2g
- fat: 5g
- potassium: 218mg
- protein: 2g
- saturated fat: 1g
- sodium: 2mg
- sugars: 4g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Do you know someone living with kidney cancer?