5 Things to Make with Rotisserie Chicken
With a busy family, I am always looking for ways to provide a healthy meal without having to spend hours in the kitchen. One of my favorite things to grab during a busy week is a prepared rotisserie chicken, which I have seen at most of our local grocery stores. Then I use my imagination to make a healthy meal for the family. Check out these ideas to see if one would be worth trying for you and your family!
Taco night is a weekly occurrence at our house. It’s great for having company as every one can build their own!
- Cubed rotisserie chicken
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 large carrots, sliced
- 4 celery stalks, diced
- 2 cans chicken broth
- 3 cups water
- Sautee vegetables until softened.
- Place into large pot and add chicken, broth, and water.
- Heat on medium low heat until vegetables reach desired consistency. Or try throwing all of your ingredients right into the crock pot on high for 3 hours or low for 4-6 hours.
4. Chicken sandwiches
For a quick, healthy, satisfying meal, try a chicken sandwich! Choose your favorite low-carb bread or go breadless!
- Sliced rotisserie chicken
- Low carbohydrate bread such as Sandwich Thins®
- Tomato, sliced
- Yellow mustard
- Build sandwich to your liking and enjoy!
5. Chicken Stir- Fry
For an asian flare, try a quick stir-fry. You won’t believe how much it tastes like takeout stir-fry without the wait!
- Shredded chicken
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 bag frozen broccoli
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ½ tsp ginger
- Sautee vegetables first until slightly softened and broccoli is no longer frozen.
- Add chicken, soy sauce and ginger. Stir well.
- Cover and simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Enjoy warm!
Hope these ideas give you a new boost of confidence in your weekly meal routine!
How stressed out do you feel today?