The Real Scoop on Cholesterol
- Chowdhury R, Warnakula S, Kunutsor S, Crowe F, Ward HA, Johnson L, et al. Association of Dietary, Circulating, and Supplement Fatty Acids With Coronary Risk: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis. Ann Intern Med. 2014;160:398-406.
- Appel LJ, Sachs FM, Carey VJ et al. Effects of protein, monounsaturated fat, and carbohydrate intake on blood pressure and serum lipids: results of the Omni Heart randomized trial. JAMA. 2005; 294, 2455–2464.
- Siri-Tarino PW, Sun Q, Hu FB, Krauss RM. Saturated fatty acids and risk of coronary heart disease: modulation by replacement nutrients. Curr Atheroscler Rep. 2010;12:384-90.
- Katcher HI, et al. “Lifestyle approaches and dietary strategies to lower LDL-cholesterol and triglycerides and raise HDL-cholesterol,” Endocrinology Metabolism Clinics North America. 2009; 45–78.
- Mozaffarian D, et al. “Trans fatty acids and cardiovascular disease,” New England Journal of Medicine. 2006; 345:1601–1603.
- Ascherio A, et al. “Trans fatty acids and coronary heart disease,” New England Journal of Medicine 340, no. 25 (1999): 1994–1998.