caret icon Back to all discussions

Diabetes Rash

Please help me figure out what to do next. My A1C is 5.9, I am a moderate weight, exercise regularly, yet i have a diabetic related rash on each leg that is growing. My endo can't give me answers. What next to do, change doctors?

  1. Hi Tracy92458, I'm really sorry to hear that you are having a rash that is worsening. If your current doctor can't give you answers, there's nothing wrong with going and consulting another doctor about your rash. A good option might also be going to find a dermatologist that can take a look. Please keep us posted on what you find out. We wish you the best. -Samuel, community moderator

    1. My wife of 33 years is a Registered Dietitian, Certified Diabetes Educator, and the Director of Diabetes Education at a large clinic. I have Type-2 with an A1-C of 5.5. Lucky me, I have such in-house expertise.

      1/3 of the population has diabetes and 1/3 has pre-diabetes and probably doesn’t know it. With proper diet and excercise it is very likely you can prevent getting diabetes and there is good data to support this thanks to the great work of the CDC.

      My suggestion is to find a Diabetes prevention program in your area and sign up! Your doctor should be able to find a program in your area, and if not...short of finding a new some online research, ask your pharmacist, or find the closest CDE (Certified Diabetes Educator) to you and make a call. You can be in control of your outcome!

      or create an account to reply.