Sleep Apnea and Diabetes
This article represents the opinions, thoughts, and experiences of the author; none of this content has been paid for by any advertiser. The Type2Diabetes.com team does not recommend or endorse any products or treatments discussed herein. Learn more about how we maintain editorial integrity here.
- Subramanian, A. et al. Risk of Incident Obstructive Sleep Apnea Among Patients With Type 2 Diabetes Diabetes Care May 2019, 42 (5) 954-963; DOI: 10.2337/dc18-2004
- National Sleep Foundation. Sleep Apnea. Retrieved on August 19, 2019, from: https://www.sleepfoundation.org/sleep-apnea
- Andrea Harris, Sue Cotey. Sleep Apnea Can Make Managing Diabetes More Difficult: What You Need To Know. Retrieved on August 19, 2019, from: https://health.clevelandclinic.org/sleep-apnea-can-make-managing-diabetes-more-difficult-what-you-need-to-know/
- National Sleep Foundation. Sleep Apnea. Retrieved on August 19, 2019, from: https://www.sleepfoundation.org/articles/sleep-apnea-and-diabetes
- Muraki, I., Wada, H., & Tanigawa, T. (2018). Sleep apnea and type 2 diabetes. Journal of diabetes investigation, 9(5), 991–997. doi:10.1111/jdi.12823
- Arsalan Hashmi, A. (2018) Bidirectional Association Between Type 2 Diabetes and Sleep Apnea. Diabetes In Control. Retrieved on August 19, 2019, from: http://www.diabetesincontrol.com/bidirectional-association-between-type-2-diabetes-and-sleep-apnea/