Skip to Accessibility Tools Skip to Content Skip to Footer


People with type two diabetes suffer the most there needs to be someone who teaches us just like college students, how to cook how to use herbs and spices, that teaches us to control our sugars. People out there think that just because they inject themselves or take pills that everything’s OK, you can eat, you can drink alcohol, you can eat sugars, but everyone’s wrong. There needs to be someone out there that can help us.

This article represents the opinions, thoughts, and experiences of the author; none of this content has been paid for by any advertiser. The team does not recommend or endorse any products or treatments discussed herein. Learn more about how we maintain editorial integrity here.


  • Thomas A McAtee Jr. moderator
    3 weeks ago

    Have you checked with your doctor to see if she/he could refer you to a dietitian or a CDE as well? Your doctor might know of some place that has classes as well that can help you in something like this.


  • Thomas A McAtee Jr. moderator
    1 month ago

    @dolcecanana1, have you spoken to your doctor about being referred to a dietitian or someone on this? Hoping for the best for you on finding some help in this.

    Tom community moderator

  • Margot moderator
    2 months ago

    Thinking of you @dolcecanana1 – really appreciate you sharing your story with us. Yes more education would always be good! Some have found help with seeing a dietitian/nutritionist, Diabetes Certified Educator, or through Diabetes Self-Management Education (DSME)! Some more info on these can be found here:

    Thinking of you.

    How have you been feeling lately?

    Margot, Team

  • Poll