Zucchini Tomato Boats
I was tired of typical lunches. Since COVID-19 has insisted I work from home more, I needed something new that was easy and quick to make, tasted good, was low in carbs, and would keep me satisfied until dinner. This fits the bill. And! It smells amazing as it cooks!
Makes 1 serving
Prep time: 10 minutes
Bake time: 30 minutes
Ingredients for zucchini tomato boats
- 1 zucchini, medium, cut in half
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp garlic, jarred
- 8 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 tbsp Kraft grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 tbsp bread crumbs
Directions for zucchini tomato boats
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Wash the zucchini. Slice in half lengthwise. If zucchini does sit flat, trim a small amount off the bottom to prevent tipping. Trim the ends off, discard.
- Spoon the seeds out of the middle of the zucchini, discard.
- On a cooking sheet lined with parchment paper, place zucchini.
- Place olive oil in a dish. Brush the zucchini with a small amount.
- To the remaining oil, add garlic, parmesan, and tomatoes. Mix well.
- Spoon half into each zucchini.
- Top with mozzarella.
- Top with bread crumbs.
- Bake for 30 min.
- calories: 306
- carbohydrate: 16.4g
- cholesterol: 19mg
- fat: 17g
- fiber: 3.2g
- potassium: 488mg
- protein: 23.6g
- saturated fat: 3.5g
- sodium: 664mg
- sugar: 5.1g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Has diabetes changed your exercise routine?