Whole Wheat Cheddar Muffins
Last updated: April 2023
These muffins are savory and slightly sweet. Cheddar cheese, oats, and ground flaxseed are featured ingredients for this recipe. Enjoy this recipe as a light breakfast meal or as an afternoon snack.
Makes 12 servings
Serving Size: 1 muffin
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Ingredients for whole wheat cheddar muffins
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 2 tbsp ground flax
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp Truvia baking blend
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 cup shredded, cheddar cheese
Directions for whole wheat cheddar muffins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line muffin tin with muffin liners.
- Combine all ingredients in a medium-size bowl.
- Mix ingredients together using a stand mixer or hand mixer.
- Use a small cookie scoop to fill muffin liners approximately ¾ full.
- Bake muffins at 350 degrees for 15 to 18 minutes.
Scroll down to see the nutrition facts for this recipe!
- calories: 151
- carbohydrate: 13g
- fat: 10g
- fiber: 2g
- potassium: 47mg
- protein: 6g
- sodium: 162mg
- sugar: 2g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Do you chew your food slowly or quickly?
Join the conversation