Whole Grain Hiker Cookies
These tasty cookies get your sugar cravings to take a hike! These texture-filled treats have chunky dried fruit, decadent dark chocolate, and crunchy nuts that will drive your tastebuds wild. Plus, they are made with rolled oats that contain soluble fiber.
Each of these cookie’s colorful ingredients comes packed with a concentrated source of phytonutrients that help combat inflammation. Feel confident that these satiating cookies can satisfy your snack needs, fueling you for all of life’s moments.
Makes: 20 servings
Serving Size: 1 cookie
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Ingredients for whole grain hiker cookies
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup plant-based butter
- 5 dried dates
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chips
- ¼ cup walnuts
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
Directions for whole grain hiker cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Chop dates and walnuts into small pieces. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine rolled oats, dried cranberries, dates, walnuts, chocolate chips, cinnamon, and salt. Mix until fully incorporated.
- Add softened butter, egg, almond extract, and maple syrup to the cookie mixture. Mix until combined.
- On a parchment-lined baking sheet, roll cookies into 2-inch balls.
- Bake until golden, approximately 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool. Serve and enjoy!
- calories: 114
- carbohydrate: 15.5g
- fat: 5g
- fiber: 2g
- potassium: 158mg
- protein: 2.5g
- saturated fat: 2.5g
- sodium: 46mg
- sugar: 7.5g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Did you know that diabetes is a risk factor for developing chronic kidney disease?