Whole Grain Hiker Cookies
Last updated: November 2021
These tasty cookies get your sugar cravings to take a hike! These texture-filled treats have chunky dried fruit, decadent dark chocolate, and crunchy nuts that will drive your tastebuds wild. Plus, they are made with rolled oats that contain soluble fiber.
Each of these cookie’s colorful ingredients comes packed with a concentrated source of phytonutrients that help combat inflammation. Feel confident that these satiating cookies can satisfy your snack needs, fueling you for all of life’s moments.
Makes: 20 servings
Serving Size: 1 cookie
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Ingredients for whole grain hiker cookies
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup plant-based butter
- 5 dried dates
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chips
- ¼ cup walnuts
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
Directions for whole grain hiker cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Chop dates and walnuts into small pieces. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine rolled oats, dried cranberries, dates, walnuts, chocolate chips, cinnamon, and salt. Mix until fully incorporated.
- Add softened butter, egg, almond extract, and maple syrup to the cookie mixture. Mix until combined.
- On a parchment-lined baking sheet, roll cookies into 2-inch balls.
- Bake until golden, approximately 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool. Serve and enjoy!
- calories: 114
- carbohydrate: 15.5g
- fat: 5g
- fiber: 2g
- potassium: 158mg
- protein: 2.5g
- saturated fat: 2.5g
- sodium: 46mg
- sugar: 7.5g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Do you find it difficult to "eat right" and stick to a nutrition plan?