White Bean Chicken Soup
Soup is one of my favorite meals to cook for our family. There are so many different flavors and options, the possibilities are endless! I cooked this up quickly but the longer you let it simmer, the more the flavors come out!
Interested in learning how soup can get you to your weight loss goals? Check out this article!
Makes 4 servings
- 2 cans chicken broth + 1 can water
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup frozen spinach
- 1 can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Place 2 cans of chicken broth and 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts in a soup pot and set to medium heat until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken and shred with two forks.
- Put chicken back into broth and add tomatoes, spinach and cannellini beans.
- Turn up heat to boiling.
- Once boiling, turn back down to a simmer and let simmer as long as possible.
- Add your favorite spices if desired. My favorite is Trader Joes Everyday Seasoning ®.
- Just a few turns for a lot of flavor! Serve hot.
- calories: 216
- carbohydrates: 28.3g
- fat: 1.75g
- fiber: 7.4g
- protein: 21.5g
- sugar: 4g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Do you have high blood pressure?