Walnut Date Cookies
I wanted to create a nutrient-dense cookie that could also fulfill a sweet craving! This recipe includes a variety of ingredients some of which include: dates and walnuts. If you have other favorite dried fruits or nuts, a swap can easily be made to better meet your personal preferences.
Check out this article to learn more about the health benefits of walnuts!
Serving size: 1 cookie
Ingredients for walnut date cookies:
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 2 tbsp dairy-free butter
- ¼ cup Truvia Baking Blend
- 1 egg
- ½ cup Quaker Old Fashioned Oats
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 cup walnut pieces
- 1/4 cup dates, chopped
- 1/4 cup raisins
Directions for walnut date cookies:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray
- In a large bowl, cream together Truvia baking Blend, dairy-free butter, and peanut butter
- Add in egg and mix until well combined
- Add in dry ingredients: oats, baking soda, and salt
- Gently mix in walnuts, dates, and raisins
- Use a small cookie scoop to portion mixture into 20 small cookies
- Bake cookies at 350 degrees for 10 minutes
- calories: 117
- carbohydrates: 8g
- fat: 8g
- fiber: 2g
- protein: 4g
- sugar: 3g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Do you live with any sleep disorders (eg. insomnia, sleep apnea, RLS) in addition to your diabetes?