Hidden Veggie Egg Bites
Last updated: January 2023
Some days are harder than others to meet your daily suggested fruit and vegetable intake. Easy, healthy shortcut meal options can help you meet those goals. These hidden veggie egg bites are great as a breakfast, snack or enjoyed with other side dishes to create a complete meal. The high protein and lower carbohydrate content make this hidden veggie egg bites recipe a great option when you are managing diabetes!
Makes 10 servings
Serving Size: 1 egg bite
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Ingredients for hidden veggie egg bites
- 8 fresh eggs
- 2 tbsp 2% milk or dairy-free milk alternative
- 1 cup roasted cauliflower, chopped
- ⅓ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Pinch of salt
Directions for hidden veggie egg bites
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Pre-grease a muffin tin.
- Whisk eggs in a large bowl. Then, add all ingredients to the egg mixture.
- Fill pre-greased muffin tins to about ⅔ full with the egg mixture, allowing room for the mixture to expand while baking.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the eggs are no longer shiny and the cheese is bubbling.
- Remove each egg bite from the tin, and eat immediately or freeze.
Scroll down to see the nutrition facts for this recipe!
- calories: 80
- carbohydrate: 2g
- fat: 5g
- fiber: 0.3g
- potassium: 78mg
- protein: 6g
- sodium: 150mg
- sugar: 1g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Do you chew your food slowly or quickly?
Join the conversation