Vegetable Hot and Sour Soup
Last updated: October 2021
This recipe is hot-hot-hot! Slurp your way to satisfaction with this veggie-filled meal. Soups are an easy way to pump up your colorful food intake while giving wilting produce a new life. Help minimize your food waste while boosting your nutrients.
Cut down on cooking time and reap the benefits of plant-based nutrition all week long by doubling this recipe. Or experiment with canning to preserve the dish to enjoy at a later date. Then, simply reheat and eat!
Makes: 4 servings
Serving Size: ¼ mixture
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Ingredients for vegetable hot and sour soup
- 8 cups of no-salt added chicken or vegetable stock
- 16 oz extra firm tofu
- ½ cup shiitake mushrooms
- 2 tbsp ground ginger
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tbsp chives
- ⅓ cup rice vinegar
- ⅓ cup coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp corn starch
Directions for vegetable hot and sour soup
- In a large bowl, roughly chop mushrooms.
- In a medium bowl, chop drained tofu in 1-inch cubes. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine ¼ cup vegetable stock and corn starch. Mix until smooth.
- In a large pot on medium heat, add vegetable stock, mushrooms, ginger, rice vinegar, coconut aminos, and sesame oil. Bring to simmer.
- Add corn starch mixture. Continuously stir soup until fully incorporated.
- Beat eggs and slowly add to soup. Stir gently.
- Add tofu and thinly chopped chives to the soup mixture. Cook until mushrooms get tender.
- Serve and enjoy!
- calories: 257
- carbohydrates: 14.5g
- fat: 12g
- fiber: 2.5g
- potassium: 164mg
- protein: 19.5g
- saturated fat: 2g
- sodium: 619mg
- sugar: 1g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
How often do you find yourself craving sweet snacks?