Vegan Tempeh & Veggie Bowl
Last updated: February 2023
This vegan tempeh bowl is a trendy dish with positive vibes to power you through the day. This belly-filling veggie bowl is as delicious as it is colorful, making it appealing to all your senses! Not to mention, it has a sweet and savory taste and a unique combination of textures in every bite to satisfy your tastebuds.
The carbohydrates in this meal are balanced by high amounts of protein and fiber. The fiber is heart-healthy and gut-friendly and helps stabilize blood sugar levels between meals. Plus, this tempeh and veggie bowl is abundant in powerful plant-based phytonutrients. You can even use leftover vegetables to minimize food waste. Reap the benefits of plant-based nutrition, one vibrant bite at a time.
Makes 2 servings
Serving Size: ½ mixture
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Ingredients for vegan tempeh and veggie bowl
- 8 oz tempeh
- 1 sweet potato
- ½ cup shiitake mushrooms
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ tsp tajin seasoning
Directions for vegan tempeh and veggie bowl
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Slice tempeh into 1-inch pieces. Set aside.
- Scrub sweet potato to clean. Then, chop it into bite-sized pieces.
- In a medium bowl, prepare Brussels sprouts by removing the base and loosening the leaves. Then, slice each in half.
- Add olive oil to Brussels sprouts. Mix until evenly distributed.
- Distribute the chopped sweet potatoes and tempeh on a baking sheet. Sprinkle nutritional yeast on top of the tempeh.
- Put into the oven and roast until cooked, approximately 25 minutes.
- Place Brussels sprouts on one side of another baking sheet. Roast until crispy, approximately 25 minutes.
- Once the Brussels sprouts are beginning to get crispy, add mushrooms to the baking sheet with the Brussels sprouts. Roast for an additional 5 to 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, add Dijon mustard, honey, olive oil, lemon juice, tajin seasoning, and salt to taste. Whisk until fully combined. Set aside.
- Assemble the veggie bowl by placing individual ingredients in the dish without prior mixing. Add the dressing on top of the bowl.
Scroll down to see the nutrition facts for this recipe!
- calories: 500
- carbohydrate: 46g
- cholesterol: 0mg
- fat: 26g
- fiber: 12g
- potassium: 1242mg
- protein: 27g
- saturated fat: 4.5g
- sodium: 556mg
- sugar: 8g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Do you find it difficult to "eat right" and stick to a nutrition plan?