Baked Turnip Fries
Last updated: November 2021
French fries can be a delicious side dish but contain too many carbohydrates. This recipe substitutes potatoes for turnips as a healthier alternative!
Makes 1 serving
Serving Size: 1 baked turnip
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Ingredients for baked turnip fries
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 turnip
Directions for baked turnip fries
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Peel turnip then cut into strips, like fries.
- Mix together turnips, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt and olive oil in a bowl.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and then lay out fries evenly.
- Bake for 20 minutes, flip the fries after 10 minutes for even baking.
- Set the oven to broil for the last 2 minutes.
- Remove from oven and enjoy!
- calories: 50
- carbohydrate: 2g
- cholesterol: 0mg
- fat: 5g
- fiber: 1g
- potassium: 55mg
- protein: 0g
- saturated fat: 1g
- sodium: 586mg
- sugar: 1g
Photograph by Christina Saschin. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
When it comes to type 2 diabetes, I'm most worried about:
Join the conversation