This is a crowd-pleaser at my house and everyone asks for seconds. Using ground chicken or turkey gives a leaner, less greasy texture than beef. The addition of fiber with oats helps give satiety. Try it for dinner as the weather starts to cool down!
Interested in adding more fiber to your diet? Check out these 15 creative ways to increase fiber intake!
Makes 6 servings
Serving size 1/6
Ingredients for turkey meatloaf
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup rolled oats
- 4 tbsp ketchup, split into 2 servings
- ¼ parmesan cheese
Directions for turkey meatloaf
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Mix all ingredients together, leaving 2 tbsp ketchup aside for topping.
- Place in a greased loaf pan.
- Add remaining ketchup to top.
- Bake for approximately 50 minutes or until interior temperature reaches 165°F.
- calories: 202
- carbohydrates: 8g
- fat: 9.75g
- fiber: 0.7g
- potassium: 251mg
- protein: 21g
- sodium: 241mg
- sugar: 2.8g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Do you like to eat grilled cheese sandwiches?