Turkey Cheeseburger Salad
Looking for a new way to enjoy an old favorite? I was shocked at the enhanced flavors of this salad, just by adding pickles and a grilled turkey burger to a bed of mixed greens. Any chance you can layer flavors on a recipe will make for a more enjoyable mealtime that leaves you feeling more satisfied.
When living with type 2 diabetes, healthy and delicious meals are the goal! Opt for a quick and healthy homemade vinaigrette when choosing a salad dressing.
Makes 1 serving
Serving Size 1 salad
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Ingredients for turkey cheeseburger salad
- 1 burger (turkey burger was used in this recipe)
- 1 slice cheddar cheese
- 4 cherry tomatoes
- ½ cucumber
- 5 large pickle slices
- 2 cups mixed greens
Directions for turkey cheeseburger salad
- Grill the burger to your desired tenderness and add sliced cheese at the end of cooking to melt.
- Meanwhile, assemble your salad starting with mixed greens on the bottom.
- Add tomatoes, pickles, and cucumbers.
- Once your burger is done, slice it and add it to the top of the salad.
- Enjoy it with your favorite dressing!
Scroll down to see the nutrition facts for this recipe!
- calories: 400
- carbohydrate: 18.4g
- fat: 23.9g
- fiber: 3.7g
- potassium: 876mg
- protein: 31.5g
- sodium: 570mg
- sugar: 10.1g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
How often do you or someone else examine your feet?