Turkey Bacon Egg Muffin Cups
Last updated: March 2023
If you are in need of a low-carb breakfast that can be eaten on the go, give this turkey bacon muffin cups recipe a try. It features turkey bacon which is higher in protein than traditional bacon. If your meal plan allows for some carbs, enjoy some fresh berries on the side.
Makes 6 servings
Serving Size: 1 muffin cup
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Ingredients for turkey bacon egg muffin cups
- 2 strips turkey bacon
- 4 eggs
- 1 oz milk
- 1 avocado, cubed
- ¼ cup yellow pepper, diced
Directions for turkey bacon egg muffin cups
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease muffin tin.
- Heat bacon in the microwave for approximately 90 seconds.
- Let bacon cool, and then cut it into small pieces.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together eggs and milk.
- Add diced bacon, diced peppers, and cubed avocado to the egg mixture.
- Use an ice scoop to fill each muffin tin 2/3 full.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until fully cooked.
Scroll down to see the nutrition facts for this recipe!
- calories: 114
- carbohydrates: 3g
- fat: 8g
- fiber: 2g
- potassium: 209mg
- protein: 7g
- sodium: 130mg
- sugar: 0g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Do you find it difficult to "eat right" and stick to a nutrition plan?