Turkey Bacon Muffin Cups
If you are in need of a low carb breakfast on the go, give this recipe a try. It features turkey bacon which is higher in protein than traditional bacon. If your meal plan allows for some carbs, enjoy some fresh berries on the side.
Interested in more low carb breakfast ideas? Check out this article for more healthy and low carb breakfast recipes!
Serving Size: 1 turkey bacon muffin cup
Ingredients for turkey bacon muffin cups:
- 2 strips turkey bacon
- 4 eggs
- 1 oz milk
- 1 avocado, cubed
- ¼ cup yellow pepper, diced
Directions for turkey bacon muffin cups:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease muffin tin
- Heat bacon in the microwave for approximately 90 seconds
- Let bacon cool and then cut it into small pieces
- In a medium-size bowl, whisk together eggs and milk
- Add diced bacon, diced peppers, and cubed avocado to egg mixture
- Use an ice scoop to fill each muffin tin 2/3 full
- calories: 114
- carbohydrates: 3g
- fat: 8g
- fiber: 2g
- potassium: 209mg
- protein: 7g
- sodium: 130mg
- sugar: 0g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Has diabetes changed your exercise routine?