Last updated: March 2023
This is a great recipe for lunch, dinner, or meal prepping for the week! Keep extra tuna cakes in the freezer and microwave for 1-2 minutes before consuming. These tuna cakes are great to enjoy on sandwiches and salads. Not to mention loaded with Omega-3 fatty acids and protein, making for an overall good choice, especially when you are living with type 2 diabetes and being mindful of your diet choices!
Makes 8 servings
Serving Size: 1 cake
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Ingredients for tuna cakes
- 1 6 oz can of tuna, drained
- 2 tbsp frozen peas
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp panko
- 2 tsp spicy brown mustard
Directions for tuna cakes
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix all ingredients into a large bowl.
- Using a large tablespoon, scoop into 8 equal cakes and place on a large baking sheet.
- Place in oven and cook for 10 minutes.
- Pull out and flip cakes over, then put them back in the oven for another 10 minutes.
- Remove and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
Scroll down to see the nutrition facts for this recipe!
- calories: 33
- carbohydrate: 0.8g
- fat: 0.6g
- fiber: 0.13g
- potassium: 66mg
- protein: 5.9g
- sodium: 96mg
- sugar: 6g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Do you find it difficult to "eat right" and stick to a nutrition plan?